Stay at home advice
With tighter restrictions and national lockdowns in place, we want to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to keep you and our colleagues safe
Tips for staying at home
Tips for staying at home
It's important to stay at home to stop coronavirus spreading.
- if you are experiencing any symptoms or know of another resident within Allegro, please Inform the residents services team by email <Residentservices@allegroliving.co.uk>
- everyone must wear a mask in our communal areas
- if you have just returned from holiday from a lockdown area, please self isolate and email us confirming the date of return and the places/region you visited as well as any symptoms you may have
- stay in your apartment for 7 days if you have a high temperature or a new continuous cough
- if you live with others and you or one of them have symptoms of coronavirus, then all household members must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days. The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the house became ill
- you should stay in a well-ventilated room with a window and keep the door closed
- seek medical advice, arrange a test and advise us of the nature of advice received for your case
- follow the NHS guidelines online
- try to keep at least 2 metres (3 steps) from other people in your home, particularly older people or those with long-term health condition
- ask friends and family and delivery services to deliver things like food shopping and medicines – but avoid contact with them
- if you have ordered a parcel and you get a notification please ask someone else to collect this on your behalf or email the resident services team to make alternative arrangements.
- sleep alone if possible, and do not share items such as bedding or towels
- regularly wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- keep your apartment clean and use anti bacterial cleaners and sanitisers
- drink plenty of water and take everyday painkillers, such as paracetamol to help with your symptoms
- do not leave your apartment if you have symptoms
- do not walk around the communal areas such as the hub, podium or reception areas to avoid the risk to others. This will help protect others while you are infectious
- please don’t be offended if you’re asked to self isolate yourself
- do not have visitors (ask people to leave deliveries outside your doorstep)
- do not share crockery and cutlery or anything that comes into contact with your mouth
Urgent advice: Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 14 days
Use the 111 coronavirus service - Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
We appreciate this is a worrying time. Please be assured that we understand and the above actions are in the best interests of everyone.